[fpc-devel] Object upgrades

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 16:45:00 CEST 2019

So where do we stand on this? I have a patch to make it possible allow operator overloads that are members of objects but I hear that objects are legacy types. I disagree of course and claim they are the only way to get inheritance for records since I’m 99% certain FPC is never going to allow record inheritance. Personally I have an immediate use for objects but I need them to have operator overloads as members of the object for generics support (this isn’t possible with the stand-alone function operator overloads).

Could we at least make this upgrade to objects with a mode switch?

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph