[fpc-devel] [fpc-pascal] ENC28J60 Ethernet Controller AVR/ARM Driver

Christo Crause christo.crause at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 22:26:15 CEST 2019

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 9:21 PM Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel <
fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> I build a simple blinky for a atmega4809 and it worked. I thought that I
> informed you regarding this but it seems that I forgot.
>
> If you want I can run some tests. You can send me tests that you think
> that are appropriate for those mcu's.
>
> I've soldered a atmega4809 on a breakout pcb and of course I can solder
> the others atmega3208/9 and the athemega4808 for testing .

Good news.  I'll have t think what is different enough between the old
style mega/tiny and the new xmega style controllers to warrant specific
testing...

> PS: I'm curious if there is, a test suite for testing the compiler in such
> hardware or how can someone create such a test ...

The test suite seems quite flexible, it is may be possible to build in a
hardware interface (such as a serial port) to test controller responses.
Another alterive could be to run code through a simulator such as simavr or
fp-simavr.