[fpc-devel] x86-64 Optimizer Overhaul Testing

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Wed Jul 31 10:30:43 CEST 2019

So as of yet I've still been unable to reproduce the internal error
that's being described, and everything else so far has been working
successfully.  Wait... that SHOULD be a good thing! Still, bugs I can't
reproduce are frustrating.

This might be a lot to ask, but testing still needs to be done on
i386-linux and x86_64-darwin, the former because I haven't been able to
get around the configuration issues on my Linux virtual machine (I wish
I was more adept with the OS) and the latter because I don't have a Mac
system to test it on.  So far though, at least from what I have been
able to extensively test, there are no glaring issues and there's
noticeable improvement in speed performance, while size improvements are
slight, but definitely there (and are really more of a side-effect than
anything else).

Gareth aka. Kit

---