[fpc-devel] moved project from CentOS to a new install of CentOS...

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Sun Jul 28 21:50:06 CEST 2019

Hi Ozz,

28.07.2019 22:02, Ozz Nixon:
> /usr/bin/ld: BFD version 2.20.51.0.2-5.42.el6 20100205 internal error,

This binutils version is likely too old, and because C6 is getting close
to EOL, I'd not count on someone fixing this ld bug. I recently had to
update 2.24 to 2.30 (on opensuse) to get rid of (another) ld error. And
as Centos7 now uses binutils 2.27, maybe consider trying it? (I do
compile on C7 with no issue, but still using FPC 2.6.4 there, so no
promices w.r.t. your specific issue)

HTH,

Regards,
Nikolai