[fpc-devel] [] property overloads

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 20:58:03 CEST 2019

> On Jul 9, 2019, at 12:59 PM, Ben Grasset <operator97 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, I just checked, and with "out" and "var" for a getter with an array property it actually doesn't compile if you pass a literal. Which is good as at least it behaves logically.
>
> That said, I'm unsure why setters need a directive, but getters do not. (Even constref works fine, with no directives, currently, for getters.)

Ok, I'm confused now. I thought that var/out were accepted but I just tested myself and indeed they are rejected. As for the directive I understand that’s just a calling convention change for compatibility with other systems.

That means the only bug I’m interested in is allowing array property setters to use constref.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph