[fpc-devel] Some thoughts on multi-line string support, and a possible syntax that I think is perfectly clean and Pascal-ish.

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Mon Jul 8 06:27:18 CEST 2019

I'm a bit late to the party again, but the example of an OpenGL shader
has won me over, since game design is one thing I enjoy doing.  I guess
I'm still a bit unsure how leading and trailing whitespace should be
handled, but as long as it's well-documented, I think I'll be happy!

Speaking of shaders, I would request the {$INCLUDESTRINGFILE} thing
alongside it, because things like shaders are programs in themselves and
may have to be tested in a third-party application, so including the
file directly rather than copying and pasting its contents would be much
safer if changes need to be made.

Gareth aka. Kit

P.S. Granted, depending on how secure I want to be, I may still have the
shader stored in an external file that's loaded at run-time, possibly in
an encrypted archive (mostly to help make wall hacks etc. harder to
develop), but that's just me.

---