[fpc-devel] Some thoughts on multi-line string support, and a possible syntax that I think is perfectly clean and Pascal-ish.

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 17:51:48 CEST 2019

> On Jul 6, 2019, at 11:38 AM, Sven Barth via fpc-devel <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> I've also complained about that point here: https://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-devel/2019-July/041453.html

For your case:

const SomeString = `Whatever
                    bar
                    blubb
                    foobar`;

Is it better to add a feature in to the compiler or just do some post processing on the string using a function? You can of course shift the strings all the way to the left (which is ugly), do a post processing function (to keep it pretty), or just not use them at all and go back to what ever you were doing before. Either way we get more options available to us so this feature is a big win imo.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph