[fpc-devel] Some thoughts on multi-line string support, and a possible syntax that I think is perfectly clean and Pascal-ish.

Ben Grasset operator97 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 14:07:09 CEST 2019

On Sat, Jul 6, 2019 at 1:34 AM Tomas Hajny <XHajT03 at hajny.biz> wrote:

> Have you tested command-line compilation with a CR-only source file?
> Since this is what he mentioned to be using (because being on a Mac)...
> There may be some difference on the scanner side in theory...

I have. It works fine, because of course it does.

Everything he was talking about was clearly based on fundamentally not
understanding the basic differences between things like "const SomeString:
String = " and "var SomeString: AnsiString = ", and assuming that they were
somehow *supposed* to be affected the same way by {$H+}, and so on.

Sorry for getting a bit frustrated everyone, but it's annoying to have this
long back and forth discussion about a vague "problem" that simply does not
exist.