[fpc-devel] "Blank slate" next version of FPC

Marco van de Voort fpc at pascalprogramming.org
Sun Feb 24 15:22:45 CET 2019

Op 2019-02-24 om 15:19 schreef Ryan Joseph:

>> On Feb 24, 2019, at 9:14 AM, Marco van de Voort <fpc at pascalprogramming.org> wrote:
>>
>> Yes.
> Can it be turned off?

Not that I know. Maybe $implicitexceptions  off where the class is
declared, but I doubt it.

>   I don’t use FPC with exceptions and I don’t even use the RTL usually so I don’t need these. Honestly this should have a mode switch if it’s impacting all code regardless of whether a program actually uses exceptions or not.

Even then it would not work for already compiled units (including the
system ones like TObject.Create)

It is part of the language, people have lived with it over 20 years. If
it bothers you, help making exceptions cheaper (table based exceptions/seh)