[fpc-devel] re "Blank slate" next version of FPC

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Wed Feb 20 00:17:25 CET 2019

On Sun, February 17, 2019 17:58, Fred van Stappen wrote:
 .
 .
> Am 17.02.19 um 04:48 schrieb Marco van de Voort
>
>> Martin was a loner kind of guy, he did the most of the MSEGUI etc
>> projects alone too.
>
> Did you know him personally?
>
> Martin was a generous guy, always ready to help people.

I don't find anything in Marco's post saying the opposite. He just wrote
that Martin preferred relying on himself and doing things the way he liked
- there's nothing wrong in that.

> And when he gave help/code, it was always perfect code, without any bug or
> memory-leak (not like you Guru-Marco).

The final part (in parentheses) was not appropriate; not even if you had
particular reasons for criticism. Such posts will not be tolerated.

> Also, he was open to discussion, I did work on some projects with him.

Me as well as others appreciate that you remember Martin in good.

Tomas
(one of FPC mailing list moderators)