[fpc-devel] Suspicion about TThread.Synchronize

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Wed Feb 6 19:44:46 CET 2019

El 6/2/19 a les 19:19, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
> El 6/2/19 a les 18:51, Sven Barth via fpc-devel ha escrit:
>
>> Would you nevertheless try with 3.2, please? Just in case it happens
>> to be the problem I had fixed in regards to Queue().
>
> The branch is fixes_3_2?
>
> Apart from the issue reported by Martin
> (https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=34640), are there other fixes?
> Because I don't think that change alone would fix my issue.

I summarily checked all commits to rtl/objpas/classes/classes.inc
starting from revision 32835

https://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/branches/fixes_3_2/rtl/objpas/classes/classes.inc?r1=31752&r2=32825

(since that fix matches what I see in my 3.0.4 source)

and nothing strikes me as changing the way Synchronize works.

Perhaps I'll have to add some writeln to see how ThreadQueueHead and
ThreadQueueTail are changing, but that could skew the timing and alter
the result....

Bye
--
Luca