[fpc-devel] Suspicion about TThread.Synchronize

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Wed Feb 6 16:19:08 CET 2019

El 6/2/19 a les 14:08, Martin Frb ha escrit:
> On 06/02/2019 09:01, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>> I still think there's something wrong with thread in fpc 3.0.4.
>
> There is https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=34640
> FIxed in 3.2 branch

I'm not sure it's the same issue. The comment in the commit

https://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/branches/fixes_3_2/rtl/objpas/classes/classes.inc?r1=40688&r2=40687

says:

"for a Synchronize() call the record will stay valid, thus accessing
SyncEvent later on (if issync is true) is okay"

so apparently that bug (and the corresponding fix) is only for the Queue
case. In my case the problem is with Synchronize, the synchronized
method is never called and the thread gets stuck there.

Bye
--
Luca