[fpc-devel] Unnecessary string copy from Utf8String to AnsiString if destination CP is UTF8

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Sun Apr 28 13:45:31 CEST 2019

Personally I'm fine with people refactoring code in order to improve
performance in either the compiler or the programs it compiles, just so
long as it behaves exactly the same as before (which in this case, it
doesn't because of the empty string issue that Jonas mentioned).

Although if I'm not mistaken, I always assume there's going to be a
performance hit if strings are used outside of constants.

Gareth aka. Kit