[fpc-devel] The 15k bounty: Optimizing executable speed for Linux x86 / LLVM

Simon Kissel simon.kissel at nerdherrschaft.com
Sun Oct 28 12:29:59 CET 2018

Hi Florian,

> The %gs based approach works only for object files linked statically to
> the executable. In general there are four TLS access models on linux and
> at least three of them need to be supported, if one wants to support
> dyn. libraries in a usefull manner.

Are you talking about being able to create dynlibs in FPC,
that then are consumed by FPC, and need to be able to support
exceptions?

I know an approach is needed that FPC benefits from in a generic
way, but for my case: We don't do that. As long as I am able
to link against glibc-based stuff, I am fine.

Simon