[fpc-devel] OSX: Setting up parameters to objc_msgSend()

Jonas Maebe jonas at freepascal.org
Fri Oct 12 20:31:28 CEST 2018

On 12/10/18 19:21, Dmitry Boyarintsev wrote:

> Boolean8 is not exactly an alias to Boolean, as it's expected to act as
> an integer,

The documentation is wrong.

> rather than _Bool. (and would be expected? to be passed an

Boolean8 is defined as an alias for Boolean in the RTL, so it won't
help. The only ways I can think of to fix this are to either add a new
ObjCBool type to the compiler (or make Pasbool8 a built-in type that is
different from Boolean, which amounts to the same thing), or to remove
the optimization for passing boolean types that's specified in the
x86-64 ABI.

Jonas