[fpc-devel] The 15k bounty: Optimizing executable speed for Linux x86 / LLVM

Simon Kissel simon.kissel at nerdherrschaft.com
Wed Nov 14 14:46:08 CET 2018

Hi Florian,

you are a hero. In a very artificial benchmark which just consists
of threads and exception handlers, a 32 bit Linux executable now
is *twice as fast*!

In a real-life scenario we are "only" seeing an improvement of about
10%. But really, this is huge progress. I think everyone will
benefit from these improvements.

We have not yet tested this on ARM (does it work on ARM?).

Bero will do more testing in the next couple of days and report
back.

Cheers,

Simon