[fpc-devel] x86-64 compilation of while loops

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Mon May 28 08:35:33 CEST 2018

 (Apologies if anyone has received multiple copies of this reply - I was
having trouble with the e-mail client and the message formatting)

 ----

 Good call on using "repeat...until" in my own code, thanks!

 I wasn't clear, but my intention was also keeping the conditional check at
the end of the loop, but duplicating it at the start with the condition
inverted.  In other words, having both these example code segments:

 ****
     xorl    %r10d,%r10d
     movl    $1,%r11d
     movl    %edx,%eax