[fpc-devel] Debugging Loop Unroll Optimization

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Fri May 18 16:06:53 CEST 2018

Apologies, I meant it was undefined if the loop exits normally,
but retains its current value if terminated prematurely.  Ah well!

 Admittedly I do like concrete rules, and any situations where something
is undefined is explicitly stated.  Hopefully we can put this one to bed
now!  Back to more exciting research and ventures.

 Gareth aka. Kit

 On Fri 18/05/18 15:33 , Martok listbox at martoks-place.de sent:
 > Sorry to waste your time on this.
 Don't worry, I like investigating this stuff. I don't like the
rule-lawyering
 that usually follows ;-)

 > I'm glad it states the for-loop variable will be left undefined - that's
good enough documentation for me.
 It is *not* undefined when the loop is left with break or exit, that's the

 point. The ISO is not a very good reference for modern-ish Pascal.

 Martok

Links:
------
[1] mailto:fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org