[fpc-devel] NewPascal plans, Generics.Collections and FPC trunk

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Thu May 3 01:41:26 CEST 2018

> Hello,
>
> I was kicked away today from core team (probably by Michael Van Canneyt).

This is unfortunate. I saw how the recent discussion escalated (and it
seems it was fueled with past disagreements). The end result (Maciej
leaving core) sucks, IMHO.

I have a lot of respect for both Maciej Izak and Michael Van Canneyt.
You both do a lot of work making open-source Pascal, and FPC in
particular, grow. So, this outcome is saddening.

I hope that, if we can't work out a better solution, at least both
projects (FPC and NewPascal) will try to pull their modifications
(both ways) and benefit from work on both sides.

Regards,
Michalis