[fpc-devel] NewPascal plans, Generics.Collections and FPC trunk

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Wed May 2 18:21:11 CEST 2018

Hello,

I was kicked away today from core team (probably by Michael Van Canneyt).

Insulting and destructive approach by Michael Van Canneyt (with silent
acceptance from other persons in core team) is unacceptable (the good
example can be found in topic "[fpc-devel] What's the status of Maciej's
Smart Pointer enhancements?" from 29 April 2018). IMO this is not the way
how good open source project should work.

I leave it to everyone for individual evaluation, here is short summary:

http://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-devel/2018-May/038886.html

I will continue my all work as much as possible with NewPascal (which will
be synced with FPC trunk few times in the year - or more often if needed),
I mean here all stuff, including updates for Generics.Collections library,
bug fixes for compiler and generics, smart pointers/ARC/nullable types,
oxygene mode, closures and extended RTTI.

I've suspended the NewPascal foundation (it was not officially registered
yet) and the idea of the NewPascal for the good of whole community (finally
one project is better than divided community). I was trying to put all my
energy into official FPC but it seems impossible. Every person has a
dignity, and the unacceptable line of insulting in many fields was crossed
many times.

Note about Generics.Collections:

the library is important for many programmers, so everyone who is using
Generics.Collections should use :

https://github.com/maciej-izak/generics.collections

the FPC trunk version will be not updated anymore so if someone is using
this library should definitely not use official FPC trunk version. Any bug
report about Generics.Collections should be filled in my github repo (in
current situation usage of official bug tracker in this matter has no
sense).

The next place with actual Generics.Collections will be http://NewPascal.org
distribution (which will be updated soon) - the distro was not intensively
update because I was too much naive in my faith for FPC progress. NewPascal
was intended as part of official FPC which in current situation is
impossible.

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak