[fpc-devel] Broken frac functionin FPC3.1.1 / Windows x86_64

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Tue May 1 18:50:25 CEST 2018

 I reopened the bug ticket to attach a patch with the new function. It also
contains some code for "Int" that passes through the input unchanged if its
magnitude is greater than 2^52 (at this point, the precision means it can't
have a fractional component).  I've set it to "feedback" currently so Sven
can determine if the patch is satisfactory.

 Gareth aka. Kit

 On Mon 30/04/18 02:12 , "Thorsten Engler" thorsten.engler at gmx.net sent:

 It does.

 The problem was not the time required by the nops, but that for certain
entry point alignments (among them the 16 byte alignments) the presence of
this .align triggered the 3-4 times increase in processing time. I didn't
look any closer into it as the version that J. Gareth worked out is faster
and isn't alignment sensitive.

Links:
------
[1] mailto:fpc-devel-bounces at lists.freepascal.org