[fpc-devel] FPC 3.0.4 lacks debugging support

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Sat Mar 3 02:40:58 CET 2018

On Fri, March 2, 2018 16:56, Enrico Ceppi wrote:

>    FPC 3.0.4 (DOS, Windows32, Linuz_64) lacks debug support and I am
> forced to use FPC 3.0.2.

Why do you say so? I just tried compiling and debugging a simple test
program with the IDE under Win32 (added a breakpoint, started the program,
stepped over the current line, continued) and it worked as it should.
Obviously, I checked that the debug symbol generation is enabled before
compiling. What happened in your case?

>    Doc-chm.zip is also corrupt (the CRT UNIT is missing and perhaps
> others).

True - it doesn't seem to be just some missing units, but a more general
issue. :-( Could you please create a bug report at
https://bugs.freepascal.org?

>    I'm sorry for my english.

No problem, don't worry.

>    I am not subscribed to the mailing list.

Alright.

Tomas