[fpc-devel] Attn. Generics.Collections and rev. 39345 and speed slowdown

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Jun 30 08:33:22 CEST 2018

On Sat, 30 Jun 2018, Maciej Izak wrote:

> Hi,
>
> renaming for TMormotHashFactory to TGenericsHashFactory is somehow
> acceptable (but IMO bad taste) but change for default hashing algorithm in
> such important library is really really really bad idea.

As noted in the bugreport, your own examples did not compile with your supplied code.
Next time, please test that too.

It is definitely better to have a slower default that works always than a faster one
that does not let all code compile.

But not problem, please advise on the changes needed to
a) fix the mentioned example so it actually compiles.
b) Speed up the default hash.

I (or someone else) will be happy to change it.

Michael.