[fpc-devel] Attn Sven: New flags related to management operators

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 28 22:10:20 CEST 2018

Am 27.06.2018 um 13:02 schrieb Maciej Izak:
> <mailto:hnb.code at gmail.com>>:
>
>     I see 4 options:
>
>     1. integration of FastRTTI
>     2. limited integration, only part of "FastRTTI" branch (only table
>     with initialization operators and related compiler and RTL part)
>     3. moving "Flags: TRecordInfoInitFlags;" into private section of
>     record in TypInfo module, it can be removed in the future (if
>     needed) without breaking backward compatibility for users code
>     4. all will stay as-is (the worst scenario)
>
>     The option 2 seems optimal (no redundant/useless actions/calls in
>     constructors).
>

> Ping? Would be good to know what you decide.

Sorry that it took me so long, but I wanted to reread your proposed
FastRTTI changes before deciding and I only found the time this evening.

I'm currently indeed leaning towards option 2.
If you want to prepare this you can of course do it in a way that allows
to easily add in your other FastRTTI changes at a later date (though
those are still a bit up for debate (lessthe principal idea, more the
concrete implementation)).

Regards,
Sven