[fpc-devel] FPC fails on overload

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Tue Jun 19 02:47:04 CEST 2018

 Technically it's a regression because it worked fine before and it breaks
now.  However, I do agree... how should a string literal be interpreted?
Technically either a WideString or UnicodeString is correct, so the
compiler cannot decide between them or even know what the best fit is.

 Gareth

 On Tue 19/06/18 00:38 , "Marcos Douglas B. Santos" md at delfire.net sent:
 On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 5:01 PM, Florian Klämpfl  wrote:
 > Am 18.06.2018 um 22:00 schrieb David Jenkins:
 >>
 >> This is something that has just recently stopped working for us(with
 >> update
 >> to current trunk). We previously were using trunk rev 36812 with no
 >> problems.
 >

 > Please submit a bug report to mantis.

 Sorry, but how the compiler will know the correct string type of 'a'?

Links:
------
[1] mailto:florian at freepascal.org
[2] mailto:fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org