[fpc-devel] MSSQL doesn't commit 2nd transaction

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Mon Jun 18 08:36:22 CEST 2018

> Is this a bug in fpc-db or is this some kind of MSSQL feature? Does it
> mean I cannot use multiple transactions with one MSSQL connection?

AFAIK MS SQL Server does not natively supports concept of multiple
simultaneous independent transactions per one connection.
(AFAIK also others RDBMS does not support it with exception of Firebird,
which support it)
So there is question if sqlDB should "simulate"/support it at client
side in background by "open new connection per new transaction"
There was discuusion about it approx. 4 years ago. Michael's position is
that this should be supported on client side.
(my position - unimportant - is that sqlDB need not support something
that is not nature to majority of RDBMS)

-Laco.