[fpc-devel] targetandroid

Adriaan van Os fpc at microbizz.nl
Wed Jun 13 20:47:31 CEST 2018

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
> Hi,

>> I have fpc-3.0.4 installed on OS X 10.6.8. In a separate 3.0.4 sources folder,
>> I issue
>>
>> 	make clean crossall crossinstall OS-TARGET=android CPU_TARGET=arm
>> OPT=-Aas-darwin
>>
>> and get, after the cleaning stuff, the following error
>
> Not all combinations of assemblers and platforms are supported and work.
> as-darwin is for native OSX and iOS development using clang. For Android
> (as it's just a special flavor of Linux), you probably have to use the
> cross GNU binutils supplied with the Android development kit, or some kind
> of cross-GNU binutils for ARM (supporting EABIv5 maybe?).
>
> BTW, it's enough if you have your android cross-tools in the path and
> specify BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-android- or whatever prefix as/ld/etc has for
> Android...

I don't think so. When building a cross compiler, the target assembler is needed only when
compiling runtime-library code with the new compiler, at the end. And the error happens quite at
the begiinning of the process, where 32-bit or 64-bit x86 code is created for the new
cross-compiler (which runs as a 32-bit or 64-bit x86 binary).

> An additional idea would be to specify the CPU type explicitly as well,
> because arm has a huge range of CPU subarchitectures which is a constant
> source of confusion on arm-linux, but I don't think that's the issue here.

I appreciate the reply, but I don't think this has anything to do with it,, for the same reasons as
above.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os