[fpc-devel] Pure function Wiki page

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Sun Jul 8 18:27:30 CEST 2018

> On Jul 8, 2018, at 8:50 AM, J. Gareth Moreton <gareth at moreton-family.com> wrote:
>
> With some blessing from Florian on the concept, I've set up a Wiki page discussing the design proposals for the support of pure functions, as well as some explanation on what they actually are.

What are the performance benefits? It sounds like this is a proposal for a compiler optimization which we can explicitly opt in to, but what exactly is the optimization?

If nothing else I like the idea as a way to enforce a function is not accessing global state. Kind of like const for functions.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph