[fpc-devel] Pure function Wiki page

R0b0t1 r030t1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 18:11:37 CEST 2018

On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 9:50 AM, J. Gareth Moreton
<gareth at moreton-family.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> With some blessing from Florian on the concept, I've set up a Wiki page
> discussing the design proposals for the support of pure functions, as well
> as some explanation on what they actually are.
>
> wiki.freepascal.org/Pure_functions
>
> I hope it proves useful to explain what I'm doing. How do the proposals look
> so far, Florian?
>
> Gareth aka. Kit

This is usually done without a keyword. Why add a keyword?

If a keyword must be used, I'd appreciate if they weren't taken from
the English language. Doing so is liable to make older code that uses
variables of the reserved word's name incompilable.

Cheers,
     R0b0t1