[fpc-devel] FloatHelper bugs (Issue #32837)

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 23:53:49 CET 2018

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:13 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> Patience, please.

> I have seen the bugreport, but I need time to check everything.

I do have patience.
It took me quite some time to try and understand how all the different
types of floats are stored in memory and how they work, so I don't
expect you to apply my patch just on face value.
Also, probably some more comparison against Delphi is needed, which I
cannot do (I can't keep asking other people to build and run Delphi
programs for me).

But I do think it would be nice if issues with patches would get some feedback.
The issue had not been acknowledged, nor confirmed or monitored by any
of the devels.
This is rather discouraging for people supplying patches (especially
if they have enjoyed the road it took to get there).

Please note that this is not meant as criticism, but as constructive feedback.
Also please note that I'm currently writing in a language that is not
native to me, so nuances may get lost in translation, so to speak.

> I have assigned the bugreport to myself, so I won't forget.

Thanks.

Bart