[fpc-devel] Internal error with division by QWord (Issue #33004)

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Thu Jan 11 21:46:21 CET 2018

So while testing some proposed optimisations for how div and mod operations are compiled, I came across an
internal error in the compiler.

I haven't yet delved into the location of Internal error 200706094, but something worth bringing up because it
is a fairly fundamental flaw with a relatively simple operation.

Possibly related, but the compiler automatically treats numbers larger than or equal to $8000000000000000 as
signed (Int64) regardless of the context or what it's being assigned to (this usually involves compiler
warnings, but also involves causing div to be signed instead of unsigned unless the constant is explicitly
typecast, which raises the aforementioned internal error on 'div', but not 'mod').

Gareth aka. Kit