[fpc-devel] Building cross-compiler for arm-linux on win32

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Sat Dec 15 17:52:00 CET 2018

15.12.2018 18:24, Florian Klämpfl:
>> Now, I'm targeting an A20-olinuxino-micro board, which is afaik armv7a with VPFv4. The board is running either openwrt
>> or opensuse. (And actually, the binaries produced by the pre-built native compiler have been tested in both environments
>> already)
>>
>> So I suppose I should be using CROSSOPT="-CpARMV7A -CfFPV4_S16" ?
>
> ... and -dFPC_ARMHF. It is more important than the others.

So, apparently most close to success for now was:
CROSSOPT="-CpARMV7A -CfvFPV2 -dFPC_ARMHF"

It successfully produced object files, but ld refsuses to link them.
Again, the message is:
pp.o uses VFP instructions, whereas .\pp does not
(lots of these repeated)

I'm guessing is that either some option is missing for ld to actually
accept that VFP is present, or rather I need to rebuild my binutils for
a different (hard fp) target?

(The exact call that fails now is arm-linux-ld.exe -s -L. -o .\pp
.\link.res)

Thank you!

Regards,
Nikolai