[fpc-devel] rfc: win32/win64 buildscript

Marco van de Voort fpc at pascalprogramming.org
Tue Dec 11 12:57:54 CET 2018

Hello,

Because I got a new (Ryzen 5 2600) machine, last night I worked on
improving my buildscript a bit.   It is the script that I run after a
SVN update to rebuild and install a snapshot.

This mail is both meant as its publishing as a request for comment from
people that maintain their own scripts. Since my ISP doesn't allow to
attach .cmd's, I put it on my website:

http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/files/buildscript.zip

The script allows building for win32 and win64, and has several
parameterizable options, configurable  by editing batch variables in the
script, and warns if a step (build or install) went wrong.

I use two copies of this, one for win32 and one for win64. (one line
difference). Please read over the first half to check variables.

It assumes a FPC directory (with tools like make etc) in the %PATH%, but
allows to use the starting compiler to be specified explicitely.  This
is so that it works when I have a development snapshot in the path, but
still want to start the build using the release compiler.

Also attached is a small FPC program used to measure buildtime.

Again: comments welcome.