[fpc-devel] Linux compilation question

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Sat Dec 1 17:28:15 CET 2018

 Thanks Bart,
 I managed to get it to build after reinstalling the FPC compiler 3.0.4 -
it seems it was getting confused between two different versions on my
virtual machine - but after all that it does look like a bug in my new
code.  I've managed to get it to compile from a clean build and with a
couple of modified files that don't do anything drastic, so now I'll try to
isolate the issue and update my patch file.  An overhauled peephole
optimizer is no use if it breaks Linux!

 Thanks for the tips everyone.

 Gareth aka. Kit

 On Sat 01/12/18 17:03 , "Bart" bartjunk64 at gmail.com sent:
 On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 3:41 PM J. Gareth Moreton
  wrote:

 > /usr/bin/diff ppc3 ppcx64
 > Binary files ppc3 and ppcx64 differ
 >
 > And then it drops out. I've tried the usual things of doing a "make
distclean", but am I missing something obvious? Preliminary Linux testing
is the only thing I'm missing before I'm ready to present a patch.

 Works for me here.
 svn co https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk [1] .
 make

 # after succesfull make:
 make clean all

 Fpc r40425, on Linux Mint 18.2 64-bit using fpc 3.0.4 as starting
compiler.
 --
 Bart

Links: