[fpc-devel] Adapting MakeFile to make subfolders for targets with sub architectures

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Mon Aug 6 13:44:11 CEST 2018

Op 06-08-18 om 07:32 schreef Christo:
> * In fpmkunit.pp:
>    * add support for new command line options subarch and abi
>    * include subarch and abi in MakeTargetString function

I did not have a look at your patch. But this should not be necessary.

Fpmkunit supports Package-Variants. In principle you could add:

   AddPackageVariant('subarch', True);

to your fpmake.pp, and this package and all packages that depend on it
will use sub-directories for each 'subarch'. To make it work in this
case might need some work. (Also: it would be ideal to add the subarch
to the rtl-package, but this one is not compiled using fpmake..._

It would be nice if we could use this mechanism to create the
directory-structure you want.

An example is the lcl, with the different widgetsets. Have a look at
lazarus/lcl/interfaces/fpmake.pp.

Regards,

Joost.