[fpc-devel] Free Pascal 3.0.6

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Mon Aug 6 11:37:17 CEST 2018

>     >> Are there plans to release version 3.0.6 later this year?
>     > No. There will probably no 3.0.x anymore. (and even if, it would
>     have mostly
>     > minor RTL fixes, no sensitive compiler fixes).
>     It would be nice have at least one maintenance release per year.
>     Also some Database related bugs can be merged if there will be 3.0.6
>     (of course I understand, that compiler related features, asked by
>     African Dog will not be merged)
>

> Release engineering takes half a year.
1/2 year, so long? Also in case of fixies/point release ?
(my intuitive understanding was that it is question of automated
building process, when fixies branch is taken and binaries are
compiled/build)

> We prefer to use that time to squash more bugs and improve the
> compiler and libraries.
Yes of course. On other side improvement is neverending process, so in
some point in time "decision" must be taken.
Probably this decision is based on some features, which must be
completed before releasing of new version can start ...

-Laco.