[fpc-devel] Adding procedures using nodes

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Sat Aug 4 01:17:20 CEST 2018

> On Aug 2, 2018, at 2:41 PM, Ryan Joseph <ryan at thealchemistguild.com> wrote:
>
> So the way FreeInstance is called by adding it within a destructor isn’t exactly what I needed because it requires a destructor actually be present in the class.
>
> The next thing I’d like to try is adding a procedure dynamically using nodes. I’ve seen how if statements are made doing things like:

Once again I think this is not useful so it can be disregarded.

I wanted to learn how I could call Free on class fields (like management operators call Finalize on records) but it’s more complicated than I thought (again). Records with management operators hook into the RTTI system it looks like, but how does a record with management operators get added to the classes RTTI information? I mean in TObject.CleanupInstance there is a vInitTable which gets set if the record has management operators in them but I can’t find where.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph