[fpc-devel] Exceptions on wiki

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Wed Aug 1 23:04:24 CEST 2018

 Infectious enthusiasm - I like that! I'm honoured.

 It's a good start on the Wiki article.  For more advanced things, you
might want to mention how you can use "raise" to re-raise an exception in
an except block, and the fact that SysUtils has code that wraps interrupts
like SIGSEGV and SIGFPE onto exception objects.

 Gareth aka. Kit

 On Wed 01/08/18 01:32 , Kirinn kirinn at mooncore.eu sent:
 Hi all,

 Inspired by Gareth aka. Kit's infectious enthusiasm, and the recent long
 discussion on exceptions on this list, I wrote up an article on
 Exceptions on the FPC wiki. (Strangely enough we didn't have one before.)

 http://wiki.freepascal.org/Exceptions
[1]">http://wiki.freepascal.org/Exceptions

 I hope it'll be useful, and not entirely inaccurate! Particularly the
 part about performance. If a programmer knows exactly what each
 exception statement inserts in the code, that should help in deciding
 when to worry about the performance, and when to embrace the convenience.

 ~Kirinn

Links:
------
[1] http://wiki.freepascal.org/Exceptions