[fpc-devel] Vectorcall Fix

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Mon Apr 2 04:40:30 CEST 2018

 I should probably add that this bug was first reported here (I forgot
about it):

 My own patch submission to fix said bug is effectively a duplicate of
#33184, and #33184 is related to #32781, if anyone is willing to set up
those relationships in the bug tracker.

 Gareth aka. Kit

 On Sun 01/04/18 02:07 , "J. Gareth Moreton" gareth at moreton-family.com
sent:
  Hi everyone,

 Sorry this took so long.  There was a bug in my "vectorcall" submission
in that if you specified "vectorcall" on a method under Linux (it might
have been specifically a virtual method), it stored Self in RCX instead of
RDI, rather than silently ignoring the Windows-only calling convention.

 Patch is here: https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=33542

 The fix was surprisingly simple - it was an oversight in the
"x86_64_use_ms_abi" function - all it took was the removal of a single
keyword.

 Compilation was tested under Ubuntu 16.04 (in VirtualBox) and Windows 10
and the vectorcall tests in "tests/test/cg" run without error.

 fpc-devel maillist - fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org [1]

Links:
------
[1] mailto:fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org