[fpc-devel] Allow record helper inheritance in Delphi mode

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Tue Sep 12 22:21:43 CEST 2017

On 29.08.2017 7:54, Sven Barth via fpc-devel wrote:
> This will not be enabled by default. If anything a modeswitch will be
> added so that users are aware that what they'll write will not be
> compatible with Delphi.

Any chance to get the (last) patch in issue #32355 reviewed? Somehow I
have the feeling that I always hear "patches are welcome" but
consequently my patches are ignored and then they just get forgotten if
I don't remind several times.

Btw. when you are so strict about disabling helper inheritance due to
Delphi compatibility why do you allow C-like operators in Delphi mode by
default?

program Cop;

{$mode delphi}

var
   I: Integer;
begin
   I := 0;
   I += 1;
end.

... and they even have their COPERATORS directive.

Ondrej