[fpc-devel] FPC 3.0.2 for SPARC

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Mon May 8 16:11:58 CEST 2017

On 08/05/17 14:00, Pierre Muller wrote:
> Le 05/05/2017 à 13:00, Mark Morgan Lloyd a écrit :> This is something that was discussed on the FPC-Pascal ML but it died.> > I am able to build installation bundles for SPARC running Linux (Debian) > and Solaris (OpenSXCE). The fp IDE works but doesn't have libgdb > support, and I've got limited time to struggle up the learning curve. > Would these be of use for the downloads area, which at present only has > 2.6.2 and 2.4.2 respectively?>
>   I have uploaded the files that Mark sent to meto both main ftp server and SourceForge,and adapted html pages.
>   You should now be able to download 3.0.2 sparc-solaris and sparc-linuxinstallation tar files by following the links starting at:
>
> https://www.freepascal.org/download.var
>   If you encounter any problems, to download the files or toinstall the new 3.0.2 sparc compiler, please let us know!
>
> Thanks Mark!

All credit to the core developers who've generally made this project a
success, and my apologies for bothering them over the years with what's
admittedly a fairly obscure platform by now.

I think it's worth keeping alive if possible though, because its
insistence on fairly strict alignment etc. is useful for showing up
potential problems.

Lazarus should compile on both Linux and Solaris, subject to one known
bug when invoking help https://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=22696

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk