[fpc-devel] Let's Encrypt cert and mantis.freepascal.org

Martin fpc at mfriebe.de
Wed May 3 00:17:39 CEST 2017

>> That's probably good as the fastest / short-term solution, but as
>> long as
>> both DNS records are valid and point to the same IP address (and http
>> access to both is redirected to the https version), the certificate
>> should
>> cover both domain names as well.
>
> That mayb be so, but I have no idea how to do this.
> As far as I know, lets encrypt does not support wildcard certificates.

I would think you need 2 individual certs.

Since both domains are on the same IP, the server must support SNI (but
most servers do).

Then have 2 virtual hosts, one for each domain. Each using the correct
cert for its domain.
The rest of the virtualhosts will be a copy of each other (or including
the same include file)