[fpc-devel] BacktraceStrFunc on linux x86_64?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon May 1 10:21:49 CEST 2017

On Mon, 1 May 2017, Nikolai Zhubr wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm having some trouble to get BacktraceStrFunc to find line numbers.
> This is with fpc 3.0.0 on linux x86_64 (Centos 7 if it matters).
> If I compile the following example with
>
> #fpc -gl tt.pas
>
> I only get this output:
>
> Started...
> Exception:   $0000000000455540
> Done.
>
> Evidently line info is somehow not present here.
> Am I doing smth wrong or maybe lineinfo is not yet implemented for x86_64?

No, but the units that we distribute do not have debug information included.
So if the error is in the RTL, then there is no debug information.

If I run your program with a RTL compiled with debug info, I get:

home: >./st
Started...
Exception:   $000000000046F571  CHECKINDEX,  line 56 of ../objpas/classes/lists.inc
Done.

Michael.