[fpc-devel] Staticaly link C/C++ library (.lib) into FreePascal on Windows

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Thu Mar 16 09:11:50 CET 2017

> ippcore.lib is just an import library for ippcore.dll. You should not
> use it for static linking.
> According to the Intel's site you should use the following libs for
> static linking:
> ippimt.lib ippsmt.lib ippcorelmt.lib
Thank you!

Now I do:
   {$linklib ippcoremt.lib}
   function ippGetLibVersion: PIppLibraryVersion; extdecl; external name
'_ippGetLibVersion';
But I get error:
   ipp.pas(467,0) Error: Invalid DLL .\Intel_IPP\ippcoremt.lib, Dos
Header invalid

objdump for "ippcoremt.lib" shows that format is: pe-i386

When I try another:
   {$link .\Intel_IPP\ippcoremt.lib}
   function ippGetLibVersion: PIppLibraryVersion; extdecl; external name
'_ippGetLibVersion';
Then I get another error:
   test_IPP.lpr(24,1) Error: Illegal COFF Magic while reading
.\Intel_IPP\ippcoremt.lib

Am I doing something wrong, or there is some kind of incompatibility
between format of supplied libraries and object files supported by FPC ?
(I am on FPC 2.6.4 , is there chance when I will use 3.0.2 that
something changes in this?)

-Laco.