[fpc-devel] Staticaly link C/C++ library (.lib) into FreePascal on Windows

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Tue Mar 14 13:30:17 CET 2017

Hi,

I have C/C++ librarby (".lib" for Windows and ".a" for Linux) from Intel
IPP package (they distribute ".lib" and also ".dll" for Windows and ".a"
for Linux)

Can I link in FPC (on Windows) at compile time to this ".lib" versions ?
Or only possible way is link at runtime using ".dll" (and distribute
DLLs with my EXE)?
(I guess, that FPC can not link to libraries not created in FPC itself.
So format of supplied ".lib" is not compatible with what FPC expects)

I am trying do something like:
{$linklib libippi}
function ippiThreshold_LTValGTVal_8u_C1IR(pSrcDst: PIpp8u; srcDstStep: int;
        roiSize: IppiSize; thresholdLT: Ipp8u; valueLT: Ipp8u;
thresholdGT: Ipp8u;
        valueGT: Ipp8u): IppStatus; external; // 'ippi.dll';

(In Project Options I have path to libippi.a in -Fl)

But I get error: test_IPP.lpr(24,1) Error: Undefined symbol:
IPP_IPPITHRESHOLD_LTVALGTVAL_8U_C1IR$PIPP8U$LONGINT$IPPISIZE$BYTE$BYTE$BYTE$BYTE$$IPPSTATUS

I am doing something wrong or just this is not possible ?

Thank you
-Laco.