[fpc-devel] First pas2js public release
mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Dec 21 10:10:19 CET 2017
On 21.12.2017 08:52, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> because I consider it a misguided approach,
Could you elaborate why you think so ?
What I have in mind is:
- Do a common project for both "business" and the "GUI near" code.
- The IDE provides some means to define which parts of the codes are
to go where (in an Object Pascal system supposedly based on classes).
- With that, interfaces are provided for the communication (e.g.
procedure calls; in an Object Pascal system supposedly class based
procedures, properties and events).
- The IDE compiles the code appropriately with acknowledging separates
definitions for both parts to be runnable where.
- The communication between the parts is implemented accordingly: if
it's a "local" GUI, just a normal executable is created, if the GUI is
Browser based: this part is implemented with pas2js, and the loading and
communication is implemented accordingly (if the main part is stand
alone, including a built-in web server, if the main part is to be run
behind a web server doing it as a cgi).
I do see that this is unlikely to happen, but IMHO just because lack of
dev time, not because of bad concept.
More information about the fpc-devel