[fpc-devel] Compiler error for target AVR - r37660

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Sun Dec 3 19:03:10 CET 2017

Am 03.12.2017 um 13:51 schrieb Christo:
> After updating to svn r37660 I cannot compile an empty program for AVR target:
>
> test.pp: program test; begin end.
>
> Compile with ../compiler/ppcrossavr -Cpavr5 -Pavr -Wpatmega328p test.pp
>
> test.pp(1,20) Fatal: Cannot find system type "variant". Check if you use the correct run time
> library.
>
> SVN r37659 is working for AVR.

Indeed, I have feature defines in my configs, then it works. Add for now

#ifdef CPUAVR
-SfOBJECTS
-SfEXCEPTIONS
-SfCLASSES
-SfRTTI
# AVR6 has normally more memory, so enable more functions
#ifdef CPUAVR6
-SfANSISTRINGS
-SfWIDESTRINGS
-SfDYNARRAYS
-SfTHREADING
-SfVARIANTS
-SfOBJECTS
-SfCOMMANDARGS
-SfRANDOM
-SfRESOURCES
#endif
#endif

to your config. I am not sure how we can handle this, maybe the features should be stored in the
system.ppu.