[fpc-devel] Allow record helper inheritance in Delphi mode

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Mon Aug 28 23:10:50 CEST 2017

Hello!

I find it unnecessary to disable record helper inheritance in Delphi
mode. Due to this  artificial limitation I have to change unit mode from
Delphi to ObjFPC.

Reasons:
1.) It's a limitation of a feature that FPC already has.
2.) I write FPC-only code in Delphi mode. I don't care about Delphi
compatibilty.
3.) There are already switches/features allowed in Delphi mode that are
not compatible with Delphi either. (E.g.  {$COPERATORS ON}, {$MACRO ON},
maybe more).

Please either allow record helper inheritance in Delphi mode by default
or at least make a switch to allow it. I can try to come up with a patch
if you suggest what you prefer.

I find it ridiculous to change the mode of a whole unit just to enable a
feature that FPC already has and Delphi strangely lacks.

Ondrej