[fpc-devel] no rule to make target pass

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Aug 12 01:46:57 CEST 2017

In our previous episode, Marco Borsari via fpc-devel said:
> > I hadn't built FPC for a while on this machine, and the error I get this
> > morning flabbergasts me. (I also get this error when cycling when it should
> > start building the compiler after the RTL. I cleaned and distcleaned, no
> > difference)
> >
> > C:\repo\fpc\compiler>make
> > make: *** No rule to make target `Pass', needed by `ppc386.exe'.  Stop.
> >
> > Any ideas? Some more info:
>
> I hope to remember correctly, but when I have this message it is for
> an insufficient environment/command processor memory.

I tried to check the console, and while the win32/win64 cmd.exe has no
environment settings, I remembered I upgraded that machine to creators
update. There was an item "legacy console" to go back to an older version.

Unfortunately that didn't help, but I noticed that building in the fixes
repo /DID/ work, just trunk didn't.