[fpc-devel] Closures / anonymous methods

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 00:58:34 CEST 2016

> Now you have me confused.
> I thought you wanted to "take over" acceptance of this into FPC and doing
> further improvements.
> What is this NewPascal? How official is it? Are the changes ported to FPC?
> (Googling through the lists.freepascal.org did not help.)

NewPascal is official compiler for mORMot. NewPascal means tuned compiler
more Delphi compatible with additional support for mORMot framework, cross
compiling and early access for new features. More info about changes and
differences with comparison to official FPC:
http://newpascal.org/compass.html . All is reported on FPC bugtracker. I
can't do much in that matter.

... I also want acceptance of all important patches into FPC (that is why I
will work on your patch). We really need NewPascal fork, to get important
patches/modifications in reasonable time, for example merge for finished
Generics.Collections took 2 years...

Many users likes more modern Pascal (for example oxygene mode is also one
of NewPascal targets), FPC core team likes more old fashioned Pascal... I
do not believe that core team would accept oxygene mode/patch. Anyway...

*NewPascal is and will be as close FPC trunk/bugtracker as possible*.

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak